Our greatest resource is our people. Youth for Christ exists and is able to accomplish its activities because of the young women and men who give their time and expertise towards reaching the youth of Kenya. We are constantly on the lookout for those that have a calling towards reaching youth
What Do They Offer Us
Volunteers add a great deal to Youth for Christ not just as “helpers” but as genuine ministers of the gospel. We have a strong conviction that there is no such thing as “just a volunteer”. Here are just some of the things volunteers offer to YFC.
- Time. This might mean a few hours, a month, or in rare cases, full-time ministry.
- Talents. As in Romans 12:6, we have different gifts, according to the grace given to us. Maybe they have a gift of making things happen behind the scenes or for sharing a special skill, or for simply a burden for loving and praying.
- Resources. Volunteers might offer money, equipment, or material things God has allowed them to have.
- Testimony. Volunteers have all come to Christ and followed Him on their own special journey. Their stories often touch a young person uniquely.
What Do We Offer Them
Just as volunteers have much to offer Youth for Christ, YFC has something to offer them. There is a sense of equity, volunteerism genuinely works for everyone.
Here are some of the contributions we are making to our volunteers.
- An opportunity for ministry. We give volunteers a place to serve God and use their talents for His glory.
- Training. We equip volunteers to serve the Lord, both in YFC and in the Church. For instance in Nairobi, we offer volunteers from needy backgrounds training on media and video production, music training and production, digital employability skills, discipleship, and mentorship.
- Contribution. We help volunteers recognize that what they are doing with their time and talents is of eternal significance.
- A sense of belonging. We make volunteers feel a part of God’s work – locally and even worldwide.
- Connections. YFC gives volunteers a chance for involvement with people, and in some cases, forming long-lasting friendships.
In Christ, we who are many forms one body, and each member belongs to all others. We have different gifts according to the grace given us ~Romans 12:5
Would you serve God cheerfully with the gift given unto you? Do you have a burden for fellow young people lost in the world?
We are raising a generation of young people characterized by; prowess in spiritual warfare, boldness in evangelism, passion in social involvement and godliness in leadership.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. ~Jeremiah 29:13
When duty calls.
Departure for a mission to Mombasa.
Charity a scriptwriter and Valentine an actress, go through a script during a short film video shoot.
Volunteers with the Drama Team.
A fun choreography dance session at the coastal beach, Mombasa, Kenya.